Our work includes helping companies prepare for a listing, the admission and IPO process itself and, once listed, advising on continuing, regulatory obligations.
We work with established companies and those at an early stage of development. We also act for, and have good relationships with, nominated advisers, brokers, accountants and other corporate advisers.
Our experienced corporate lawyers provide practical and responsive advice on the commercial, legal and regulatory issues involved in obtaining a listing and life as a quoted company. Commercially minded, approachable and pragmatic – we support our clients through all stages of the transaction.
We pride ourselves on building strong and longstanding relationships with our clients and understand the importance of delivering personal and bespoke solutions cost-effectively.
- Pre-admission planning and restructuring
- Rights issues
- Secondary offerings
- Private placements
- Continuing regulatory compliance
- Public takeovers
- Corporate governance
Recent deals & cases undertaken
AIM flotation of Falanx Group
- We acted for ZAI Corporate Finance Limited in its role as nominated adviser and broker to Falanx Group Limited on its £5 million AIM flotation and associated fundraising. Falanx provides business and security intelligence and consultancy services in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
AIM flotation of Starcom plc
- We acted for Northland Capital Partner Limited in its role as nominated adviser and broker to Starcom plc on its £14 million AIM flotation and associated fundraising. Starcom is a technology company specialising in the development of wireless solutions for remote tracking, monitoring and protection of various types of assets and of people.
Ablon Group – Unconditional Mandatory Takeover Offer by CPI Group A.S.
- We advised Main Market listed Ablon Group in respect of the unconditional mandatory cash offer by CPI Group for its entire issued share capital. Ablon was founded in Budapest and is one of the largest real estate developers in Europe and was admitted to the standard segment of the Official List of the UK Listing Authority in June 2011. A cash offer was made by CPI Group A.S. valuing Ablon at approximately £30 million. We advised Ablon and its independent directors on the offer, their duties under the Takeover Code and the response by the Independent Directors to the unconditional mandatory cash offer.
Sale of Boletus to Dekeloil Public Limited, £1.7 million equity fundraise and Admission to AIM
- We advised Boletus Resources, a British Virgin Islands investment company, on its sale to DekelOil Public Limited and its subsequent admission to AIM, capitalising the group at £13 million. We also acted for Optiva Securities Limited in its role as placing agent and broker to DekelOil in connection with its £1.7 million equity fundraise. DekelOil is a palm oil developing company operating in the Ivory Coast.
Paternoster Resource plc
- Acting for, AIM quoted investment company, Paternoster Resources plc in connection with various investments including into AIM quoted Leed Resources, IPSO Ventures and Astar Minerals.
Pre-emptive Open Offer by Namakwa Diamonds Limited
- Acting for Shore Capital in its role as sponsor for Namakwa Diamonds (quoted on the premium segment of the Official List) in relation to its pre-emptive open offer raising approximately USD 55 million.
Admission to AIM of Dongfang Shipbuiding (Group) Company Limited
- Acting for Dongfang Shipbuilding, a Chinese and Singaporean shipbuilding and shipping company, on its AIM flotation.
Re-Admission to AIM and Placing of Clontarf Energy plc
- We advised Shore Capital and Corporate Limited in its role as nominated adviser and joint broker on Clontarf Energy plc’s acquisition of Hydrocarbon Exploration plc, by way of a scheme of arrangement, re-admission to AIM and related placing. Clontarf is an international oil and gas explorer, developer and producer with major assets in Ghana, Bolivia and Peru.
Admission to AIM and Fundraising of TMT Investments plc
- We advised TMT Investments on its AIM flotation and associated fundraising of USD 20 million. TMT Investments invests in the technology, media and telecoms sector, with expertise in emerging markets and in particular Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
Admission to AIM and Placing of Paragon Diamonds Limited
- Acting for ZAI Corporate Finance Limited in its role as nominated adviser and broker to Paragon Diamonds on its AIM flotation and associated fundraise. Paragon Diamonds is the holding company of a mineral exploration and development group with its principal mining asset based in Sierra Leone. Paragon Diamond’s market capitalisation on admission was £21.5 million and the placing raised approximately £4 million.