Adams & Remers is committed to operating as a socially responsible business.
We support various activities that reflect our own values and the values of our clients; in particular relating to health, heritage and the arts.
Our Business Values
We choose to support local businesses, where possible, and value openness, transparency and honesty. We ensure that we are fully compliant with all industry regulations and training.
Delivering exceptional service is at the heart of everything we do.
Wellbeing & Employee Development
- We developed our employee programme, Work Well, to help support health, wellbeing and development. We offer a fantastic wellbeing benefits package and have a team of Wellbeing Champions who are all Mental Health First Aiders.
- We promote a calendar of wellbeing events throughout the year, coordinating with national events such as Dry January or Stress Awareness Week and also highlighting other wellbeing issues that are relevant to our teams.
- We provide training opportunities on a range of topics and specialisms, and can offer sponsorship for legal training, such as CILEX.
- We communicate with our employees regularly to keep everyone up to date.
Charity of the Year
We are very proud to support Jamie’s Farm as our current Charity of the Year. Jamie’s Farm gives disadvantaged young people the opportunity to thrive, and improve self-esteem and wellbeing through residential farm visits.
Employee Charity Support
- We also support our employees with fundraising assistance and volunteering opportunities.
- We offer employees time off to volunteer for a charity that is close to their heart.
- Our employees also take part in bike rides, walking and running events, such as the South Coast Challenge, in aid of a variety of different charities. We make a financial contribution to this fundraising and help to facilitate the creation of Adams & Remers teams for sporting challenges.
- We sponsor and support advertising for local organisations and make ad-hoc contributions.
- We offer free will writing services at various charity events throughout the year.
- We open Trinity House every year to support the ‘Friends of Lewes’ Heritage Open Days and make a contribution to costs.
- Our staff sit on the board of various charities and schools.
- We make seasonal collections for local foodbanks, arrange Christmas donations for our Charity of the Year and donate the collections from our carol concert to local charities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Adams & Remers to be a welcoming workplace for all and for our employees to feel valued for the contribution they make and the person they are.
Please see our Diversity & Inclusion summary information here.
We have a small working group which meets a few times a year to discuss ways that we can improve our approach to Diversity & Inclusion to ensure a better experience for all our employees.
Data security is the responsibility of everyone who works for Adams & Remers and we take it very seriously. We are accredited with Cyber Essentials which requires high standards of data security provision.
We have mandatory training for employees in data security, data handling and cyber security, and have a dedicated Data Protection Officer who handles data enquiries.