Whether you are an SME or an AIM-listed company, we have the experience and expertise to handle your deals and provide value for money. And if you are in the motor dealership, recruitment, oil, gas, pharmacy or healthcare sector then we have a lot of experience of deals in your market. Our deal values are typically between £3m and £50m.
Most of our clients are companies in the United Kingdom. Though many of our transactions have an international dimension spanning Europe, the Middle East, Singapore, Australia and Hong Kong.
We will guide you from the planning stage through to completion and beyond. We make sure we understand the business and exactly what you are trying to achieve, what’s important to you. We try hard to fit our service round what you want, rather than the other way round.
- Preparing a business for sale
- Implementing tax planning opportunities
- Assisting in negotiations
- Negotiating the sale agreement and related legal documents
- Advising on staff-related issues
- Business investigation and disclosure
- Allocating legal and commercial risk
- Co-ordinating funders and other advisers to meet completion deadlines
Recent deals & cases undertaken
Sale of Woodcote Software Limited to Dillistone Group plc
- We acted for the shareholders of Woodcote Software Limited in relation to the sale of the entire issued share capital of that company to Dillistone Group plc, an AIM listed company. Woodcote consisted of a group of four companies, including one Australian subsidiary. The consideration consisted of a mix of cash and shares in Dillistone Group plc, and included a significant earn-out provision. “We simply would not have got there, in such good shape contractually, without your determination, persistence, patience and sheer hard work. We don’t take these things for granted and it’s been a pleasure working with someone who could match our commitment to getting the deal done.” Nick Ray, Managing Director, Dillstone Group plc
Acting for the Shareholders of Berkley Recruitment Group Limited on its sale to AIM-listed ReThink Group PLC
- We acted for the shareholders of Ireland and Singapore based recruitment specialist Berkley Recruitment Group Limited in connection with the sale of the entire share capital to AIM-listed ReThink Group PLC. A number of the shareholders were domiciled in the Republic of Ireland and the remainder were domiciled in Singapore. Berkley operated in both of these jurisdictions and in Australia.
Acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Lewes Football Club
- We acted for the consortium of financial backers in taking the club from private into community ownership using a Community Benefit Sports Club as the acquisition vehicle.
Acquisition of the business and assets comprising The Bluffers Guide from Oval Projects Limited
- We acted for Percival Limited on its acquisition of the business and assets comprising The Bluffers Guide including providing specialist advice in connection with intellectual property rights, publishing and media law generally.
Recent Acquisitions by Harwoods Limited
- We acted for a major regional car dealership group, Harwoods, on its recent acquisitions of the Jaguar and Land Rover dealerships for both the Brighton and Gatwick regions.
Sale of entire issued share capital of Capital Q High Security Systems Limited
- We acted for the shareholders of retail banking security specialist Capital Q High Security Systems Limited in connection with the sale of the entire share capital to Secom PLC.
Sale of entire issued share capital of Nakama Group Limited
- Acting for the shareholders of Nakama Group Limited on the sale of the entire issued share capital of the Company to AIM-listed Highams Systems Services Group PLC. £1.28 million satisfied by the issue of 48,773,016 new Ordinary Shares in the capital of Highams which represented 41.41 per cent of Highams’ enlarged share capital. Nakama’s group included subsidiaries in Australia and Hong Kong and some of the shareholders were resident in these jurisdictions.
Sale of the entire issued share capital of 192business Limited
- Acting for the shareholders of 192business Limited in connection with the sale of the entire issued share capital of 192business Limited to Experian PLC.
Ashton Consulting (UK) Limited
- Sale of 51% of the issued share capital of Ashton Consulting (UK) Limited to Pertemps Jobshop Limited.